Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Library signs

I have just been exploring Flickr on the web and went into a number of the suggested subject sites to get a feel for the sort of photos posted on Flickr. I went into 'library signs'. I was amused by some, and when looking at signs objectively, realised how easy it is to say something different to what the intention of the sign is. I liked the one from the Christchurch City Libraries saying 'Watch your Bags - Thieves at Work'!! Not a nice way to describe library workers!! I will put this as a link on my blog when I can work out how to get it there.

It got me thinking about signs generally and the way that people interpret signs. Some people are very literal in their interpretation; others see signs as being applicable to other people and not themselves eg 'please queue here'; others get defensive when a sign is pointed out to them because it says something they don't want to hear; and others just plain don't see them.

Me? - I like signs.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jblyberg/2057934280/

No comments:

Post a Comment